Friday, July 17, 2009

three thousand years


yellow, orange, green, pink and blue
brilliant hues of colours
streak across the sky
forests, mountains and gushes of rivers and streams
paled
in comparison
but
the mountain of sorrow
of guilt
pain
and misunderstanding
will stay right here
next to me
inside me
forever
the nightsky
shedding tears of moonlight
stars
blinking unspeakable grief
remembering
our story
milleniums ago----
you stood here
amidst the flowers
and i
by your side
nothing felt so perfect
until the arrow
and the ringing clash of
sword against sword
shining
as the tears of moonlight
you lay on the bed
of red grass
promising me
with a smile
"I'll wait for you."
and now,
i'm waiting
beneath the same moonlight
on the bed of grass
no longer stained by your soul
my tears
our memories
all that remains
is the story
three million years ago
and i'm
still
waiting...

No comments: