Wednesday, January 27, 2010

frog... frog... FROG?!

twas a sunny monday when i crought a frog to school, heart heaving with the pain of pending separation. sigh, the frog's gonna die today. so long, my dear frog. hope you're not the prince i wanted.

yes. i killed a frog on monday, just because curiosity got the best of me. we dissected a frog, and mutated it beyond the morals of humanity. i know, i tried not to cause it any unnecessary pain, i drugged it until it's small little beating heart stopped beating.

the dissection was one of the biggest attraction i'd plan to attract members for the maths and science club, our club being almost hiding behind the skirts of others for too long. but i have to admit, even if it was cruel, it was a huge success. my club has now officially more than 40 members, better than last time.

i was so hoping it wouldn't feel any pain during the dissection, but halfway throught the dissection, it's heart started beating again. i was so scared, my guilty conscience getting the best of me, but i tried to convince myself, it was purely for educational purposes. my science geek part in me keep telling me that it can't feel a thing, that the beating of the heart is involuntary, but the writer part in me kept making up things... things.

but, looking at the beating heart, it was like a miracle. this little thing just keeps pumping till the end of the frog's life, our heart pumping till the end of our lives. i don't wanna gross you out, but even when we cut out the heart to end the frog's so-called agony, it was still pumping, even though it is no more connected to the body.

i couldn't sleep that night. i prayed for it, but deep in my heart, i knew, there's gonna be a time when i'm forced to do that again.

anyway, if i can get the pictures for the dissection, i would--i repeat-- i WOULD post it here!!! so, don't gross out and tell me waht you think!

No comments: