Friday, January 20, 2012

Me (As Honest As I Can Be to Myself in 2012)

(Inspired by a friend and a friend of a friend)

I am Me, Me is I

I am strange, I am unique
I am checking my tongue in the mirror for signs of swelling or shrinking buds

I am noisy, I am lively
I am fighting with a friend by singing by yelling songs at the top of my voice

I am vain, I am insecure
I am looking around for something to hide the cellulite appearing somewhere somehow 

I am lazy, I am striving for freedom
I am searching for ways to evade the grasp of merciless homework, exams and grounding conformity

I am egoistic, I am strong
I am holding back sweat and tears to prove I don't bleed and I don't hurt like the others

I am unrealistic, I am a dreamer
I am making up worlds and stories where I'm saved and enraptured and captured by villains and princes

I am self-conscious, I am self-improving
I am rechecking the comments on Facebook and other websites to know what others think of me

I am pretentious, I am confident
I am loving every moment something is produced by me be it stories poems songs and the things I love

I am cowardly, I am sensitive
I am running away from the little chains of homework and exams that anchor me on the ground

I am nosy, I am caring
I am listening in on the conversation beside me to figure out how and what I can do to help

I am insincere, I am wanting to please,
I am laughing at every joke when it isn't funny cause I want you to just smile with me

I am shy, I am friendly
I am waiting for you to smile at me before I go up to you and scare you away with my overly vicious hello

I am intrusive, I am enthusiastic
I am barging into your room demanding to know what you eat because you were too quiet and alone

I am careless, I am carefree
I am brushing off all the wrong spellings I did in the exams when there are words to copy from

I am vulgar, I am open-minded
I am laughing away the dirty jokes that you lump on me and adding stranger kinkier aspects

I am fickle, I am whimsical
I am grinning at the poo-shaped stain I made when the tears dripped into my diary

I am unorganized, I am spontaneous
I am blabbing about baboons and butts when I couldn't find my notes for the speech I'm presenting now

I am easily addicted, I am passionate
I am reeling off magical spells today and vampire myths tomorrow and Justin Bieber's Baby yesterday

I am silly, I am romantic
I am pretending there's someone who raises me up when I can't reach the top shelves in my study

I am boring, I am creative
I am writing this as a testament that I can be boring to you but creative to the person who lives in my head

I am irritating, I am persistent
I can make you read this over and over until I feel you get the message I want you to get --

That 

I am Me, and Me is I.

No comments: