Monday, November 5, 2012

I Knew You Were Trouble


Guitar!

I knew you were trouble babe, but me being me, I ran to you like a moth to fire. 

If you'd guessed it's Swift I'm talking bout, then yes, you've won first prize. *hands you a medal*

I guess experience should have taught me to restrain myself especially when it comes to Swift and exams, but Dang it all, Taylor, but why release RED when I'm having my end of sems?

More on her later, since my Chemistry is niggling at me like an annoying puppy, but here's excerpts from my favourite song (so far) on her bedazzling new album. *swoons* *squeal* *faints*



All Too Well

"Photo album on the counter, your cheeks were turning red. You used to be a little kid in glasses on a twin size bed. Your mother's telling stories bout you on the t-ball team, and you told me bout your past thinking your future was me."

I still can't listen to this song without feeling that pull in my chest. It always makes me wanna cry and start writing and drawing and abandoning all the studying I should be doing and just lie on the bed fighting the knot in my throat. My fav for the moment. 

" 'Cause there we are again in the middle of the night, we're dancing 'round the kitchen in the refrigerator light. Down the stairs I was there, I remember it all too well"



Dancing in the night - the fairytale version

Maybe it's the trip down memory lane that appealed to me. It's so human, so life-like and not the fairytale romances we--I'm--used to. Dancing in the kitchen, in the night... It's like, we were so good together, you know? We used to have so much fun together. What happened? 

"And you called me up again just to break me like a promise. So casually cruel in the name of being honest. I'm a crumpled up piece of paper lying here 'cause I remember it all too well."


Cruelty comes in many forms

And that's the reason why I love her. Break me like a promise, casually cruel in the name of being honest. I feel for her. I do. But damn girl, why are you so good with words?

"Time won't fly it's like I'm paralysed by it. I'd like to be my own self again but I'm still trying to find it. After plaid shirt days and nights when you made me your own, now you mail back my things and I walk home alone.

You changed me, and I wanna go back to who I am before you but I can't

But you kept my old scarf from that very first week, 'cause it reminds you of innocence, and it smells like me. You can't get rid of it, 'cause you remember it all too well."


We are all innocent until our hearts are broken

How many girls have gone through all that? Every second, every minute, every day, every month we went through, the tears and regret, the missing you... All put into simple sentences, precisely concise, straight to the heart.

That innocence

You can't get rid of it, cause you remember it all too well. That pretty much sums up the whole song and album for me right now. Thanks Taylor, for making my teen years fabulous and unforgettable. 

And thank you, for giving me inspiration to write again. =)


Thanks for being pretty inspiring, Tay. =)

No comments: