Saturday, May 25, 2013

Sometimes I Do Things I'm Not Supposed To



Well, I know there are things I'm not supposed to do
Skipping classes and pranking classmates
Don't walk in dark alleys, don't pull people's hair
Don't simply hide during zombie apocalypses

But they say rules are made to be broken
And some rules just really don't make sense
So I try not to follow each and every rule
And I do things I'm not supposed to do

I fake sick to escape boring classes
I pull pranks just 'cause it's fun and I'm bored
I don't do homework until days after deadlines
And I scream obscenities when I'm seriously pissed

I drum my feet and fingers and eat with my mouth open
I LOL in the library and wipe my mouth on my sleeve
I arrive late for classes, I don't sleep until it's six a.m
I howl off-key to Avril Lavigne at three in the morning

Doing things you're not supposed to do
Heart beats faster, your muscles tremble
But nothing beats the way I feel
When I know I'm not supposed to miss you, but do anyway

Perhaps I should go on doing what I'm not supposed to do
Like I've always did, for nearly twenty years now
But it's not really the same when it comes to you
For this time, I don't really know the rules

What am I supposed to do?
What am I not supposed to do?
How can I do what I'm not supposed to do
When all I know is that I'm not supposed to miss you?



No comments: