Friday, November 29, 2013

As The Weather Chills



As the weather chills
and time freezes with icicles from the trees
Christmas lights, floating like incandescent stars
and crowds grow bigger
shops grow smaller
I am alone in mind
I am alone in soul




As the weather chills
and snow patters softly upon the frozen ground
Christmas turkeys, wafting like intangible breezes
and feasts grow bigger
and clothes grow smaller
I am hungry in mind
I am starving in soul





As the weather chills
and radios chatter happily into the empty streets
Christmas gatherings, whirling like flames in passionate fires
and photo albums grow numerous
and laughter grow louder
I am happy, I tell myself. 
        I am happy alone,
                  I am happy starving 
                        


I am happy. 




I am. 


Happy. 


Without you. 


I am. 


I am. 


I am


No comments: