Monday, May 22, 2017

Some Days, I Miss You



Some days, I miss you.

Like the wolf missing the moon when it ducks behind a cloud, 
     like the river missing the sea who accepts and accepts, and accepts, 
          like the broken-winged missing the sky who was everything good in the world

Did you take my eyes when you took my heart?
My sense of smell, my tongue, your touch
I lost it all
In that (un)forgotten pocket of shared heat
Months ago
We melted ice
     creamed between the brief feathery touches
     and equally feathery kisses

Feathery emotions, 
     dandelions, scattered in 
     gusts of winds. 
Lost. 

I lost the map back to you
     I lost my soul and everything that told me what I was
     I left it with you

I left you. 



And some Days, I miss you. 

I know you're there,
but I cannot go near you--
I fear my sanity;
     I fear for yours.

I would rather not take the risk of crushing, of shattering; 
Instead,

I'll just risk cracking.


No comments: