Wednesday, August 23, 2017

To Love

Try as I may, I cannot forget
The pull of your skin against my skin
As it scrapes across
Inside my wrist
Tiny kisses that linger
Long after your sheets turned cold

I want
So much to love
To crawl inside your arms and never leave
Rest my cheek against the planes of warmth
        thump thump thump 
        The angry drive of want

Try as I may, I cannot forget
Our fights
As well as our kisses
Vicious, two animals fighting
For ground
A ground we wanted together, but could not share

I long
For your touch;
Rough, heavy, punishing; bordering on possessive
As we lick our wounds
          To want so much that I lose control
          To be wanted so much that you lose control

Try, as I may, I cannot love
Not the way I wanted to love you;
Gently, the wings of a dragonfly on still water, barely rippling the surface
Softly, a mother's kiss on her newborn's brow, barely denting the skin
Tenderly, a girl's hand in her man's, intertwined, bared for all to see.


I want to love you so much


But all we do is tear, crash and destruct
And build walls around what's left of ourselves. 




No comments: