Friday, November 20, 2009

Life ain't fair, but there's always a way through it

i went to Liu Yong's (刘墉)talk yesterday and it was simply fantastic. it gave me a lotta to think about. he talked about life, mainly, but there were a lotta things that he said that made me think.


Among those things, it was the thing about life being unfair that caught my attention. he said, there's a lotta unfairness in this life, so many that many may be lost in it. (pretty much what I said, only in a more polite way...) But, the most important thing is that we shouldn't let those unfair things that happened to us happen to others. we musn't treat others unfairly when we are in the position to do so, be it consciously or not.


we musn't lose ourselves in all these prejudices of the world. let them pass, let them go, but learn from them. we musn't cling onto that tiny thread of unjust and blame the world for the unreasonable things that happen; instead, we should learn from them and improve ourselves. we shouldn't look at only the unfair, what about the times when things were at your side? did you complain? did you say "Oh, it's just fair, coz..."


it got me thinking about all the times i would blame others for the unreasonable things that happened to me. for example, being pulled into a competition that i don't want. i may complain it's wasting my time, but, in the future, that piece of knowledge, however little, may come in handy. take my social life for instant. i used to be that geek who's considered too proud or brainy to be with. I may balme them for not knowing me before making a conclusion, i may write bad things (understatement of the year) about them in my blog, but have i ever thought about what I'd done to give them that impression? knowing that, i took the effort to improve my image, and now, i am happy to say that thigs are gradually improving for my social life. ( even thought sometimes, they're still a pain in the ass)


He said a lotta things, and i know you guys aren't interested, coz i'd said it in such a boring and tiny way, so, i'm not gonna bore you any further. hmph. just to let you know. coz it really changed my way of thinking, even a little. (even though i dunno how long it's gonna last...)

No comments: